Saturday, March 08, 2008

Saving Daylight: for what?!

I hate daylight savings.

Mostly because we don't do it here in Arizona.
What that used to mean is that 1/2 the year I was 2 hours behind at work, and then the other 1/2 I was 3 hours behind.
There is a big difference between 2 and 3.
Being 3 hours behind (I get to work at 9, its now Noon in DC) means that the people I work with/for are going to LUNCH when I get to work.
At this point, they are frustrated that the emails and phone-calls they left for me all morning are still not answered.
When its 2 hours, its still "morning" when I return the messages. Not as frustrating.

Frustration number 2: Most people don't realize that AZ doesn't change time. So, I get phone calls at 6am (oh, I'm sorry, I thought it was 7!); those meetings that I said I could get up for at 6am so that they could do them first thing in the morning? now I have to be awake and alert at 5; all that traveling I do? now my body has another hour to go before its awake while I sit in meetings wishing I drank coffee.

Our lovely President went and changed the daylight savings months last year.
Instead of it being 6 and 6, now its NINE and 3... I ask you, what is the point?! 
If the time is saving daylight for more months a year than its not, why don't we just permanently change it!! and stop all this nonsense!

No comments: