Saturday, March 17, 2007

Is it worth it?

This past week was probably one of the worst work weeks I've ever had.
I've worked long hours on projects with short deadlines, but they were never as hard as this.
I lost my patience twice, I begged, I pleaded, I reasoned, I did everything to make things happen short of throwing up and crying. And I was close on those two counts also. I feel like my ability to get something done was put to the utmost test. At every turn, there was a block, another decision that had to be made, another problem to solve. And some of the people I was dealing with? working with? were part of the problem. Do you remember that proposal I worked on last summer? how I was at home writing, coordinating with reviewers and contributors all over the country? Well, this week made that look like a walk in the park.
And no, its not over yet. I am still getting calls, emails, people involving me. And the worst part is that next week will be the same, but with all the OTHER projects I'm working on that got NO attention this week because of the INSANITY that was my job. 

4 comments:

deetour said...

That sucks! Sorry girl. :(

Aaron Stiner said...

here here d! Sorry to hear work is flogging you!

bri said...

dang. sounds like you need a vacay... amviv, anyone? are you going this year?

deetour said...

I don't think she is going. :(