Monday, February 02, 2009

Turning 40: Part 1

It was my 40th birthday on this past Friday, and I will post some other time about my thoughts on that milestone. But today, I would like to call attention to two very special people who made this the most special of birthdays.

The man I am currently dating, let's call him Mr. R, has spent the past month or two organizing with my best friend, Meg. Here's what they did:

My day started with a plethora of birthday wishes from my friends and family.

Mr. R gave me the gift of a Mala, intended to help you keep your heart and head in sync. Mine is made out of conch shells for my love of the beach, and a light turquoise stone.

All day Friday, Mr. R and I spent out-and-about with a movie, dinner (he ate sushi for the first time), and finally made our way home late in the evening. There were rose petals on the door mat, and two notes stuck on the door. The first told me that I have a scavenger hunt to go on, and the second was the first clue. Here is the progression of clues, and the locations and gifts to which they led.

On the front door:

The first clue







This clue led me to the bed, where I found a pillow and this note.






Clue 2.







This led me to my laptop, where I found a Timex watch and iTunes gift card with this note and Clue 3.






Clue 3.







Must be the macmini filled with music (PantyRaid and MartyParty)… there I found this note and a Putumayo CD.





Clue 4.







Definitely the BATH! Here was the note and a plethora of Lush goodness!






The last clue.







Obviously the outdoors… and that mini Cassiopeia is a clue to what would be waiting for me there.



A little box of treats from Essense Bakery, some big boxes of treats from BluLA, and my best friend Meg.




Now, I had an idea I might find her somewhere after I got that watch, because I had just told her that I wanted a black Timex just like it!
Even so, I cried when I saw her outside... what a nice surprise!

Now, that Mr. R did not stop there! He booked us in for a bunch of treatments at a day spa the next day... and we ended that relaxation with an incredible Brazilian lunch.

It was a relaxing weekend full of fun, laughter, and companionship with two very special people. I cannot imagine having a better way to celebrate such a milestone birthday, and I will surely never forget it.

Thank you, my dear friends!



(postscript: I give up on formatting!)

1 comment:

Kara said...

Sounds so lovely Lisa!