Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Sodwana Bay

Wow!

Sitting on my bed in the lodge, with a/c, my own bathroom, and a bag of biltong.
I used to come here as a kid. We only had what we brought. There was nothing here. Now its a nature preserve, diving mecca, and full service accommodations.

Had two incredible dives today. Saw so many different varieties of fish. Of note on the register of sightings where two sea turtles and lots of moray eels. Just wait until you see these pics.

The second dive was on very rough seas. I was pretty surprised we got out. Once you get under, its calm and serene. Had to imagine the surface chaos.

The lodge is a couple miles before you get to the beach, so we got a ride over with the staff. The park and campground entrance are the same as they were when I was a kid.

Its funny, the last time I was here, the divers were just getting into diving here, and I thought - yikes! There goes the neighborhood. Now that I known what diving is all about, I realize, its a good thing. There people care about the preservation of the ocean.

We have another day of diving then its off to Swaziland.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: