Saturday, June 19, 2010

I ran 10 miles

So, I did my first road race today (well, there was that 5k for big brothers/big sisters, but I just don't think that's the same kinda thing cause it wasn't a goal, I didn't train, and I sucked).
Anyway...
It was the Baltimore 10-mile run. Remember the challenge?

Some random thoughts about running a race:

- don't SMOKE next to a running route. Step back, away from the runners.
- My quads are not built for longer than 5 miles. If it comes up again that I will be running further than 5, I will need to engage the Tour de France training scheme.
- I don't do very well in the heat. Thank God I moved.
- The fire department had a hose going at about 7 miles. I ran right through it. THANK YOU FIRE FIGHTERS!
- At about mile 7.5 I passed a dead black cat... that was horrible.
- The finish line fell on my head. It was this big inflated plastic banner and as I was getting toward it, the side supports started deflating. Some cops pushed it up and motioned for me to run under. As I did, it fell on my head.

I haven't decided yet if I'll let any photos go public.

No comments: