Thursday, June 28, 2012

Growing Season of 2012, you confuse me!

Here we are at the end of June and all the fall flowers are blooming. This has been a very strange year, and as we drive around PA, NY, and through all states between here and WI, I wonder about all the farmers. How are they getting crops through this crazy summer?

I don't know what these are called. They have amazing red flowers. After they bloom, they dry out and turn brown. They usually bloom in August, I believe. Here you can see that it is late June, blooming and dying all in one. :-(
Untitled

The hanging basket.
I took this photo before we went away over the weekend. I knew 100 degrees was coming, and I wanted one last photo before it died.
Untitled

and the inhabitants of the basket were hungry...
Untitled

They had fledged by the time we got back.

Sweet peas blooming and dying.
Untitled

The rose is losing all its leaves, and the second bloom is not as grand as it usually is.
Untitled

No comments: