Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Act I: Preparation

At the request of a lot of people, I'm going to give you a daily blow-by-blow of my adventure across the country.

(If you see this post as Notes on my Facebook page, click through on the "view original post" link to get here for the full stories)

A friend of mine happens to be moving too, and so we decided to pool our "accommodation allowance" and get a place together. We have also timed our trip so that we can take the drive together. He has 2 dogs and I have 2 cats, so we figure that having two people will make the odds of success better.

The movers arrive to pack and load tomorrow. They are also taking my car. They were very clear that there are some things they shouldn't take - open bottles of oil, things that might explode, and things that cannot be replaced.

I am running around right now, going through everything one last time to make sure that the things I am taking are separate from everything else. To keep the animals secure during pack and load, they are going to have to spend some QT in the bathroom (I'm not looking forward to this, nor will they, but they don't know about it yet! mwah ha ha ha... the alternative is crates, think they would choice the bathroom too with those options?). After the movers leave, there will be NOTHING in this space. It will be a big empty box again. Good thing I won't have to stay very long before the drive starts.

So that you can follow along, here's the itinerary:

Sat: Williams, AZ
Sun: Tucumcari, NM
Mon: Chetocah, OK
Tues: Nashville, TN
Wed: Natural Bridge, VA

Thursday Night.... NEW HOUSE!

I hope you enjoy the ride with us.

No comments: