Saturday, February 27, 2010

"The Bashful Bed" (my brother at 9, installment 5)

27 October 1980

Assignment: Imagine that you are one of three children. Write a story about the first adventure you had when you twisted the bed knob and wished:

One September day, I found myself being woken up by a tickle. I woke up and found a piece of paper on my stomach. I read it and it said:

TO MARTIN: THERE IS A MAN OUTSIDE FIDDLING IN THE LITTLE BOX.
FROM,
YOUR BED.

“From your bed”! I screamed; “Yoooou”! “Help”! I jumped out of my bed and ran to my mother. “Help”! I jumped into her bed: “mom. There is a mo mo mo moving bed in my room”! “What” she cried “It’s your imagination son, you’re just thinking it”. She got out of bed and walked down the passage. I was tip-toeing behind. She suddenly heard a sound. It went like this: zzz snore zzzz grunt zzzz snore zzz etc. “Help” she cried and fainted. (Right on me)!!
I crawled to the door and came face to face with my bed. “But I didn’t turn your knob”, I said. “I know” my bed said. “But there is a man out-side I’m scared of”. “That’s only the postman, stupid”! “I know I am shy”, said the bed. “But I’m a nice bed, I promise”. “I know, I know”. I said.

No comments: